Argus Sour Crude Index
THe Argus Sour Crude Index (ASCI) is a pricing tool used by buyers, sellers and traders of imported crude oil for use in long-term contracts.
The ASCI methodology creates a single daily volume-weighted average price index of aggregate deals done for three component crude grades as if they were one grade of crude oil.
The three crude oil grade components are; Mars, Poseidon and Southern Green Canyon.
Thus the daily ASCI price published by Argus Media Ltd represents the value of US Gulf coast medium sour crude oil.
- Argus Sour Crude Index - Methodology and specifications guide
-  Bloomberg - Saudi Aramco to Use Sour Oil Index as U.S. Benchmark, Drop WTI,
- Reuters - Kuwait to price U.S. oil cargoes on ASCI
- Bloomberg - Iraq Will Use Argus Crude Price Formula From April
- Reuters - Iraq to switch to ASCI from U.S. crude futures
- Reuters - ICE to launch Argus sour crude futures contracts