DuraSet Cement System
The Baker Hughes DuraSet™ cement system is designed to provide improved tensile strength and elastic properties while exhibiting enhanced mechanical properties. The use of specific additive combinations and, in some cases, foam offers improved flexural and tensile strength, elastic properties, and fracture toughness. DuraSet slurries can be used in the majority of casing or liner applications.
This approach enables design flexibility and takes elastic cement systems out of the lab and into the real world. DuraSet cement slurries are part of the Baker Hughes Set for Life™ family of cement systems, which are designed to isolate and protect the targeted zone for the life of the well. These slurries can be blended with other systems in this family to help ensure long-term zonal isolation.
- Critical primary cementing operations
- Fields with a history of sustained annular pressure
- Wells exposed to high-pressure fracturing operations
- Multilateral wellbore junctions
- Enhances tensile and flexural strength and improves long-term zonal isolation
- Improves durability during pressure and thermal cycles
- Fit-for-purpose designs for specific applications
- Good mechanical properties at low densities
- Good reliability for multilateral junctions where cement is exposed to high mechanical stress
- Real-time well conditions determine the final slurry composition
- Compatible with virtually all API and ASTM cements and most Baker Hughes cement additives
- Typical temperature range: 70 to 450°F (21 to 232°C) BHCT
- Typical slurry density range: 9 to 20 ppg (1078 to 2397 kg/m3)