Shell process safety behaviors
Shell Process Safety Behaviors ---Our assets are safe and we know it
- Comply with standards, manage and track deviations.
- Think thoroughly through hazards, barriers and effectiveness across interfaces.
- Manage low probability, but high consequence events.
- Demonstrate leadership by active participation in design reviews such as HAZIDS, HAZOPs, etc.
- Manage change rigorously, all the way through Project hand over.
- Learn from history, nurture curiosity, and when in doubt seek a 2nd option.
- Ensure the right capabilities and competencies in Project Team.
- Remember someone has to build it and someone has to start it up and operate it.
- Create and maintain a culture of chronic unease. Fight complacency.
- Actively manage the tension between TQ delivery and safety in design and execution.
- Effectively manage the risk of harm to people and the environment due to release or ignition of hydrocarbons.